As we head to the end of the year, it is time to look at the some of the key marketing trends bubbling up for 2018. Many are technology related, which shouldn’t be surprising. Technology advances continue to accelerate customer demands and our ability to respond.
7 Marketing Trends We Are Watching Closely…
- AI live chat takes over human chat. In a recent Forbes article, it was stated that Artificial Intelligence Chatbots, are now becoming a very viable customer service channel. Already, the best AI Chatbots are so good that customers are not be able to tell if they are communicating with a human or a computer.
- Data-science teams become a mainstream function within marketing departments. We are already seeing large B to C organizations begin to reorganize their marketing departments to include Data-Science teams.
- As devices, such as iPhone Eight and iPhone X go mainstream and augmented reality out strips virtual reality (except for within video games), we will need to begin to experiment with augmented reality branded content.
- Brands begin to develop voice-optimized content. In 2017, 1 in 5 online searches were conducted through voice search. By 2020, that number is predicted to be 1 in 2, or 50%. Just as we have optimized content for web and mobile, we will look to optimize content for voice search.
- The debate around machine learning and how we how manage ads will heat up. Emerging platforms promise to use advanced machine learning algorithms to optimize ad spend by identifying ideal audiences, messaging, and creative.
- Customers continue to expect more and more from our brands. Voice assistants, same-day delivery, and on-demand content. We will come under pressure to find innovative new ways to delight customers with what amounts to real-time service.
- Privacy protection will become a major selling point. Driven in part by the high-profile data breaches in 2017. Moving forward, customers will begin to favor brands that protect their privacy.
About VeraCentra: Marketers everywhere want to use data to implement more modern customer engagement strategies. But there can be many obstacles standing in the way of success. That’s where we come in. VeraCentra provides easy-access Customer Data Hubs. We represent best of breed Cross Channel Engagement Platforms (so marketers get the right fit) and offer the Marketing and Data Services that guarantee speed to value and quick win ROI from technology investments. We deliver these solutions with an unmatched wholehearted approach bringing personalized support, care, and service to every client. That’s why many of our client relationships span more than a decade.