Advanced personalization marketing demands investment in key martech categories if you want to stay ahead of, or at least on pace with, your competitors and most importantly your customers.
But, with over 5000 marketing technologies and hundreds of categories to choose from, it is difficult to cull through which martech trends are important to take note of and which should be dismissed.
The fundamental question we need to ask ourselves before investing is; “Which technologies offer the most business value in an ever-changing customer experience landscape?”
What’s Hot? 5 MarTech Categories to Consider Seriously
Customer expectations continue to soar and unfortunately the technologies they use are often far ahead of the technologies accessed by our marketers. So, it should not be surprising that the technologies on the “what’s hot” list are those that help marketers deliver a seamless brand experience to customers irrespective of channel or device.
- To serve the right content to the right customer at the right time you need a content marketing platform.
- Cross-channel marketing demands that all execution channels work together to provide a unified experience for the customer. To achieve this, you will need a cross channel campaign management system.
- Identity resolution is one of the issues at the forefront for many marketers. To understand who your customer is and what they want, you need to be able to identify them irrespective of the channel or device they use. Cross-channel identity resolution technologies allow you to create a single record for each individual customer.
- As we move towards personalization on an individual customer basis the volume of data marketers need at their finger-tips increases exponentially. Customer data platforms are designed to manage all types of data in a systematic manner.
- An analytic engine, driven by artificial intelligence, creates a system that delivers the next best offer or action at the right time and coordinated across channels. These analytic engines take into account current conditions and a wide view of that customer’s behavior, history, and preferences – AKA highly sensitive contextual marketing.
What’s not? Categories to Walk Away From
- A world of hyper-personalization has no place for campaign management tools related to batch and blast.
- Customers see channels and devices as interchangeable – without borders. Data management systems that continue to silo data by channel or device should be a thing of the past.
- Cross-channel attribution is predominantly used for digital channels. Relying solely on cross-channel attribution does not give marketers the whole picture. Moving forward unified marketing measurement is the way to go.
To find out more about how to implement the latest martech tools, download our latest eBook, How to Implement Personalization Across all Customer Touchpoints.
About VeraCentra: VeraCentra provides easy-access Customer Data Hubs. We represent best of breed Cross Channel Engagement Platforms (so marketers get the right fit) and offer the Marketing and Data Services that guarantee speed to value and quick win ROI from technology investments. We deliver these solutions with an unmatched wholehearted approach bringing personalized support, care, and service to every client. That’s why many of our client relationships span more than a decade.